Friday 20 February 2015

Twilight companion

Hi, my name is Jake and I'm looking for a home as my owner is going into sheltered accommodation. Despite being an older dog I wasn't too bewildered when I arrived at the rescue and enjoyed a cuddle from the staff. I am now settling in nicely at my foster home, where I am quiet and well behaved.
I used to love my walks, though in recent times my previous owner was not able to take me out, but I am getting used to being out and about again. I am good with other dogs when on walks, but I would not want to share my home with them. I would benefit from a home where someone is around for most of the day, but am happy to be left for a few hours here and there.
I am currently seeing the rescue's vet about a couple of medical issues due to old age. I have had a testicular tumour removed and blood tests have shown that my liver isn't functioning well, so I am on long term medication for this.
I would be ideal for a retired couple who want a quiet, older dog for company and short walks. I just want a home to retire to for my twilight years.

Terrier cross
15 years old
Male
Neutered
Housetraining may need a little work
Good with other dogs on walks, but would prefer to be the only one in the household
No cats, please
Used to visiting children over 8 years old, but would prefer an adult-only home

If you would like to offer Jake the loving home he deserves, please call Freshfields Animal Rescue, Merseyside on 0151 931 1604 or visit www.freshfieldsrescue.org.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment